Thursday 10 November 2011

Sequences

These are a few stills from my film idea for sequences. For this project I decided to choose a topic which interests me, I thought this would make the project alot more fun however it took a while to create an idea, and also had problems with filming and computer space so overall its been a bit of a stress. The idea behind this piece is I took a quote I saw at the Imperial War Museum which says "Where one burns books, one will, in the end, burn people" said by a German Jewish Poet Heinrich Heine in 1821 just over 100 years before The book burnings of May 1933, in which Heinrich Heine's work was destroyed. Therefore with this research I decided I would like to try film and record the sequence of a book burning. In someways it can be quite mesmorising and hard not to watch, which I found during filming. Taking this idea from the quote I wanted to also link the Berlin Book burnings by including a speech by Joseph Goebbels.

No comments:

Post a Comment